CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 29, 2008

My Random Thoughts

I have been thinking about what I wanted to say in my next post. There is so much going on that it is hard to pick just one thing to write about. So, I have decided to let you all know a little bit about why I am so frustrated with the way things are going right now. But, at the same time, I know that there are a lot of things going on right now that are fulfillments of the prophecy of the Bible, so, at the same time it scares me, it also makes me feel as though all of the people who have turned their backs on God will get their just deserts soon enough. Don't get me wrong, it pains my heart that that has to happen, but, ultimately, it is their choice and God is a loving God of justice and justice will be serve.

Now, as far as what is happening in this country. I do not understand people who feel that the government is in place to provide for everyone's wants and needs. What ever happened to wanting to provide you own way in this world and provide for your family yourself? What ever happend to self reliance? If we let the government run programs provide for us, then we take away our right to choose and let the government tell us what we have to do instead of us telling them what we want. Besides, the government has run Social Security into the ground. What makes anyone think that they can run another program as complex as health care?

I am tired of the government telling us what we can and can't do and where. I understand that we have to have laws to keep us from going into chaos, but, I have not spent the better part of my adult life defending this country to have our government tell us what kinds of cars we can drive, or anything else as far as that goes. The fact that there are people in this country who are afraid to get out and do things for themselves makes me wonder about the state of this union. Worse yet, is the fact that there are so many people in this country who feel like the government is the correct answer to everything that is wrong (in their minds). All we really NEED the gevernment to do is protect the citizens and provide a means to decide matters of conflict between it's citizens. They need to stay out of our lives and respect the rights we have as citizens of this country. Instead, they want to keep on regulating the way we live our lives. And we keep electing these people!

2 comments:

OneHungMan said...

Amen.

Krys72599 said...

Formerly a reader of your wife's blog, now a reader of your's, as well!
A reader who, by the way, thanks you for your service to our country, and who also agrees with all you say about Mrs. Clinton, Mr. Obama and Mr. McCain.