CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 15, 2008

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Well, I know it has been a little while since I last posted. There will probably be two today.

Right now, I just wanted to let you all know of one thing that just gave me laugh and also made me realize just how much our kids do listen to us when we least expect it (not when they are supposed to, of course).

Let me set a little background for all of you that don't know. I am not one who grew up watching, or even caring much about stock car races. As my wife likes to remind me, I am a Yankee. I thought NASCAR was for the southerners. Well, as an adult, I started watching a little bit, and liked what I was seeing. So I started paying more attention. I knew the big names like Petty, Earnhardt, Waltrip........I liked Dale, so started following him. This actually happened just about 15 yrs ago. Well, now, I do have to admit that I started following Jr. just because of his dad. And those of you who follow know about all the trouble he has had with his step-mom, especially last year. You also know that he hasn't won since May of 2006. And that last year, especially after he announced that he was leaving his dad's company and going to drive for the competition (HMS), it seemed that every time he was in a position to win his engine would blow.

Fast Forward now to last Saturday night. We were back at the Edge I and watching the end of the Budweis*r Shootout. Which Dale Jr. won. Then, out of no where our 9yo said:

"See, it was his step-mom last year!"

Well, he has now also won the Gator*de race he was in yesterday making it two in a row. I just hope that he can continue his good running into this Sunday.

0 comments: