CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Democrats

Alright, I know that I am putting two in one day, but, as I was typing the last post, a thought that I have had for quite a while came back to the forefront of my mind, and I just had to share it with everyone.

Let us take a step back in time. The election of Abraham Lincoln was really the beginning of the Republican party as we know it today. Now, I know that is not a comforting thought to some who may read my blog, but, just bear with me for a minute. He knew that slavery was wrong, and truly wanted to abolish it. However, he was a smart man, and pushed to have no new states enter into the Union as slave states. Now, enter the Democrats. I understand that slavery was vital to the economy of the South at the time. For this reason, the Democrats fought to maintain slavery alive and well in the United States.

Before I get any one's hair all in a dander, I truly do not fault anyone in any of this. It was the way things were at the time, and besides, slavery was not something that was exclusive to the United states. In fact, as far back as the Old Testament of the Bible, when an empire conquered another group of people, they took them as slaves.

We go through all of this for this question: Why are the minorities in this country so enamored with the Democratic Party? This is the party that pushed to maintain slavery, and then has tried every social program since then to try and keep themselves in power. That is the plan of Hillary Clinton. She wants to push socialized medicine on us, even though every country that has it in place now is far below the standard that we have for us. I can't even comment about Barack Obama, because, he has an idea of some sort of socialized medicine, but on every other issue, he says nothing. He says a lot of words, but says NOTHING!

I just don't get why minorities are so supportive of a party whose whole agenda, while they say they are helping, is to keep them down and dependent on the system. Government is supposed to be dependent on us, not the other way around.

0 comments: