CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Thoughts for my Lovely Wife

Today, I am going to back away from the political things that have been on my mind lately, because, well, I just need to say a few things on another subject. Besides, the whole political process is beginning to make me as frustrated as life does sometimes.


First, let me say that my wife is one of the smartest, most spiritually uplifting people I know. If you read her blog, then you know that we have had some issues over the past couple of weeks trying to get a computer. This all lead to some frustration on both of our parts with each other. She actually told me that she feels like I let her tell me what she thinks and then just disregard it and go my own way. She has had the awesome responsibility of being a mother now for over 14 years. She has done the majority of raising our two girls on her own. I love and respect her more than I can ever tell her for that. She also had to raise our boy for the first 2 yrs by herself as I was off doing my job for the Navy. She is used to being the one to handle things and I know that it is extremely hard for her to let me handle things sometimes. But, she does.

I have also found it hard to be in charge and taking care of things. My ex took care of everything. So, having the responsibility of decideing what is best for our family is hard for me too at times. And, right now, there are a lot of decisions that need to be made. We are looking at getting into a new vehicle, we have to decide where we want to live after I retire. And, to top it all off, we have decided that it will be best for me to finish my degree (education is always important). So, there are a lot of things going on in our lives, and darling, although it may seem at times that I disregard your opinion, please be assured that I do not. I value your opinion as I value the very breath I take. You have more experience at this than I do. I consider your opinions, then I pray, and then make my decisions. I do not take my responsibilities lightly.

As far as the computer goes, I, too, feel that the darn thing should not have failed us as soon as we got it, but, knowing that we have had no real issues with the other one we got from that company, I felt that it was the right thing to do to give them a chance to make it right.

I would say that I am the luckiest man in the world, but, alas, I don't truly believe in luck. I feel that what people consider luck is the good Lord's blessing. So, to that, I will say that I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful woman to go through the rest of this life by my side.

4 comments:

Krys72599 said...

That Miss Hope, she's one blessed lady!!! You are most definitely a keeper!!!

Miss Hope said...

Yes he is, Miss Krys!!!

My Daddy says he's a good man to put up with me. I think I have to agree.

Thanks, Honey.

mtanner said...

I am so thankful that God put you and Hope together and you are both a blessing to us and we miss you both dearly. And Fred you know that God will let you know His perfect plan for you when the time comes to make any decision. We love you and your family dearly.

The Man on the Edge said...

m,

Thank you for the words of encouragement. We love and miss y'all as well.