CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 2, 2008

I am back

I have to apologize for my absence. There have been a few things going on. I for, one, have been diagnosed with a hernia. My wife diagnosed it three weeks before it became a problem.

If you have been reading my wife's blog, then you have been keeping up with pretty much everything that has been going on here on the Edge. It definately has been busy.

There are a few things that have been going on that I would like to address.

First, my wife sent me something a while back that I found the other day and thought you might like to read about it. It is a report on the military losses year by year since 1980. Did you know that the last year our Nobel Peace Prize winning president was in office we lost 2,392 military personnel. That is over 1,000 more than any one year since George W. Bush has been in office. Last time I checked, we weren't at war in 1980. This even added the figures up for the years 1993-2000, the Clinton years, and 2001-2006. There were 14,000 during the Clinton years, and have been 7,932 since G.W. has taken over. Last time I checked, we weren't in a war in the '90's either. This is including 2007. Unless we have a major catastrophe that takes out 7,000 of our military, then, even with a war going on, we have lost fewer people during the past eight years than we did during times at peace. I don't care who you are, this indicates to me that this president is doing something right. Whatever the reasons were that we went to war, this war is being run right. Do we want to put up with this again? Not that Hillary is the same as Bill, but, as she has said time and time again, she had a voice in many of the decisions made during the Clinton presidency.

As far as Obama, I don't feel like you can trust someone who sits and listens to a man preach to him for 20yrs, and then, when he is in the middle of a campaign say that he doesn't believe in the same things that his preacher does. Last time I checked, you went to a church because you believe in the same fundamental principals that the church does. What has changed that makes this church, and this preacher, something that Obama does not believe in anymore? He wants us to leave his church, his wife, his middle name, and everything else that tells us what kind of a man he is out of the campaign. That alone speaks volumes. His wife has never, until recently, been proud of America. WELL LEAVE!!!! His middle name should be a non-issue. Who cares what his middle name is? I don't. It is just something that was given to him before he could even object to it. This man has no experience, has a history of associating with people who, by there own admission, do not like America and what it is that many men and women have commited themselves to defend. Many to the point of giving the ultimate price. I just don't get how so many people can be fooled into believing all of the crock of &*%# that is being passed out of the Democratic Party these days.

0 comments: