CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I'm Back

Let me start by apologizing to anyone who actually reads my blog about not posting for a while. If you also read my wife's blog then you know that I have been a little out of the loop for the past couple of weeks. I had to have surgery two weeks ago. Before that, my mom and dad were both here. I haven't seen both of them under the same roof in about 4 yrs. That's just the way everything has worked out. They could never come at the same time, and we just have not been able to go and see them.

Now that that is out of the way. Let's get to things that are a little more important.

I would like to know why the media thinks they can stuff Barrack Obama down our throats. In case you haven't been paying attention, that is exactly what they are doing. The man goes over seas and there are scores of reporters following him. I even heard that over 400 media people requested transport with him, he selected 40 at a whopping $20,000 per person. John McCain steps of a plane in New Hampshire and 2 reporters are there to greet him. This seems to be a LOT wrong to me. I mean, they are both trying to be elected to the same office. So, why the disparity?

Let me offer an opinion. The media pretty much undermined everything Hillary Clinton said or did. They are the reason for her defeat in the primaries. As much as I disagree with her politics, I have to say that I disagree with the media determining the outcome of any political campaign. And it seems that they are up to the same thing for the general election.

Now, let's take a closer look at Obama's trip. He has negotiated like he is a head of state (which he is NOT). The audacity of this man. To trapse around the world and talk to heads of state like he is the head of ours? If this doesn't upset you, it should. Sure, the leader of Iraq would like to see our troops leave his country. We all would. But, he knows as well as most of us should, that if we pull out too soon, then the country will fail. But Obama still fails to acknowledge the fact that the very thing that he opposed has worked. If we had not gone through with the troop surge, Iraq may have made the advancements that have taken place, but, it would have taken years not months. We will never know for sure. However, to disregard the very fact that the actions we have taken have worked is irresponsible.

And this polished, great, smooth speaker that everyone is all up in arms about? If you listen to him deliver a prepared speach, he is a wonderful speaker. However, when discussing things that he does not have a canned response for, he stutters and stammers with the best of them. He does deliver a great speach, but lacks in the spontaneous responses, especially if he has to think about anything. Not to mention that he has changed his position on just about everything since he started this campaign.

Can we afford someone who can't speak well? Someone who believes that he is entitled to be the head of state like he is predestined to it? Someone who changes his position everytime the wind blows in a different direction? Someone who can't even acknowledge the right answer when it is right in front of him? Or someone who can not even acknowledge the wonderful work that my fellow men and women in uniform have done to ensure the security of this country?

I don't think that we can.

1 comments:

Krys72599 said...

"If you also read my wife's blog then you know that I have been a little out of the loop for the past couple of weeks." - I thought from one of Miss Hope's posts that you were a bit loopy, not "out" of the loop... Just kidding!

Thank goodness you're back! I'm know I've said this in previous comments, but you put into clear, concise words exactly how I feel about what's going on in this world today.

I mean really - Who REALLY *wants* to go to war? No one, not a President, not Congress, not even the voting peons. But sometimes it's necessary. And I for one am grateful that there are some young and not-so-young people in this great country of ours who, although afraid, are willing to go and fight for us.

I haven't heard anywhere NEAR enough appreciation for our military. All I've heard are criticisms, and name-calling, and I've even seen some finger-pointing.

I would personally like to say THANK YOU to the military. And to their families. And since I know you have your own special set of military readers, I'll start here!!! Thank you.

And thanks, Man on the Edge, for saying what you say loudly and clearly!