CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Talk about personable............

I was going to comment on taxes on this post, but, I saw something on the news this morning that just has been with me all day.

This morning, while I was watching the news, they did a story about a 91yr old woman in Ohio who was celebrating her birthday. Her daughter-in-law found out that President Bush was going to be driving by her house while being transported to a fund raiser. She put a sign out asking the President to stop so that she could take a picture with the birthday girl. When she was interviewed, she said that all she truly wanted was for him to open the door and poke his head out. She would carry the lady to the car to take the picture. Well, the President stopped. He then got out and walked into the yard and asked where the birthday girl was. He then proceeded to sit next to her, hold her hand and converse with her. I don't know how long he stayed, but, just the idea that this man, who holds the most powerful office in the world, took the time to stop and wish this woman a Happy Birthday is a testimony to the kind of man he is.

Say what you want, G.W. has class and is a people person. He didn't even have to stop the motorcade, but he did. He truly understands how important every individual is.

This is what we need in the President.

3 comments:

Krys72599 said...

I truly wish he could stay another term. I've liked GW since day 1 and will continue to like him after he's retired... This story just warms my heart!

Miss Hope said...

This chokes me up every time I even think about it. There are people who believe he is supposed to be perfect, but only one person walked the earth who was perfect. This story makes him human and is a testimony to the kind of person he is. I love our President.

Miss Hope said...

Honey...I see you've been playing around with toys on your sidebar. You did this all on your own or did our oldest child help you out?