CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Just makes me sick

I listened to some of Hillary Clinton's speech tonight and I have to say that I had to quit. I couldn't listen to the term "four more years" again. These people, the Democrats, truly have no clue as to what they have done.

She talks about economic stagnation. What she fails to realize is that the economy was growing until the Democrats got control of the Congress.

She talks about less war and more diplomacy. What she fails to acknowledge is that the terrorists brought the war here. To OUR HOME! If we hadn't taken the war to their soil then we would just be open to more attacks here. As a matter of fact, if we don't do anything to close our borders then we will still be open to attacks.

She says that Obama will make the economy grow and allow all of us to keep lower bills, afford our homes and have a little bit left over each month. If Obama has his way, this is the exact opposite that will happen. He will raise taxes which will take more money out of our pockets. Even if our income taxes don't go up, he promises to raise taxes on those who make over $250,000. These are the people who hire us. If they have less money, they will hire less. Why is that so hard to understand? If you raise taxes on the people who produce the products, then they will pass that down the line as part of their expenses. That takes more money out of our pockets. They will also send jobs overseas to lower their costs. Is this what we really want?

Like I said, I had to stop listening. I just couldn't take it any more.

1 comments:

Krys72599 said...

My skin crawled. I don't like Hillary Clinton. I don't like Bill Clinton. And if Obama is Hillary's candidate? OMG. And those increased taxes on the wealthy? (And BTW, $250,000, while it's a heck of a lot more than I earn, even with my husband's salary tossed in there, is not really that much these days, not when you consider how much all those Clinton supporters earn themselves... And forget about hiring less. What about your raises? Those cost of living increases or merit raises that we all wait for every year? Gone. They'll be gone. Those of us lucky enough to have a job will be doing everything possible to ensure that we keep our jobs, but we'll be doing them, and doing them better, for the same compensation, without the normal expectation of an increase.