CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 3, 2008

NASCAR

Let me start by saying that I love NASCAR. I love the support that they show for the military. They do have a good track record for that.

However, every week when I watch the races, I am amazed to see very few people put their hands over their hearts when the National Anthem is sung. The worst, is when you see people actually talking or not even standing up for the National Anthem.

I love this country. I love it so much, that I have spent the past, almost, 19yrs. serving and defending the ideals that this country was built on as well as the people who inhabit this great land of ours. Is it too much to ask for the people who live here and call this home to show a little respect when the song that signifies the sacrifice that has made this country great is played or sung?

1 comments:

Krys72599 said...

And I thank you for your almost 19 years. And there is not a time I am not brought to tears when I hear the National Anthem sung. Or when we recite the Pledge of Allegiance.
If it makes you feel any better, I have noticed people notice me and put their hands over their hearts when they should. Not all, not always, but some of them, some of the time. Perhaps they'll set an example...