CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 17, 2008

What a night

I know, this is two in one day, but, a lot went on last night. I had to separate these two posts because one truly has nothing to do with the other.

Did any of you catch the interviews of Barrack Obama and John McCain last night? In case you didn't, Pastor Rick Warren, author of Purpose Driven Life, sat down with each candidate, separately, and asked them the same questions. Obama went first while McCain was in a room where he could not hear the questions. Then McCain came out, they had a photo op with both candidates and then it was McCains turn.

I will have to tell you something, I was impressed with how McCain answered decisively and with confidence. Obama stammered his way through the majority of the questions.

When asked when human rights begin, McCain very quickly and sternly answered at the moment of conception. Obama said that that decision was above his pay grade. And then went on to talk about a lot of different things. He avoided the question entirely. As a matter of fact, there were several questions that he totally avoided with long winded speeches. This has been his pattern, he says a lot of words to say nothing at all.

This was one of the best things I heard all night, when asked what was one piece of legislation that he stood for, even though it was not in his own self interest and went against the party Obama actually said Campaign finance reform. This man had the audacity to sit up there and say that he pushed to get reform in Campaign finance when he, just recently, opted out of the financing so that he could make his money privately. He says that too many politicians have lobbyists and big companies financing their campaigns when he, when he has the opportunity to support this point of view, he turns his back on it because he can make more money privately. No kidding!!

Last but not least, I would like to point out something that everyone who watched might not have caught. Since both candidates are stating they are Christians, this question was not out of the realm, especially since a pastor was asking the questions. The question was what it meant to them to be a Christian. Obama actually said that "hopefully, his sins will be forgiven". McCain said that his sins are forgiven. Now, being a saved man myself, being Christian I KNOW that my sins are forgiven. This doesn't mean that I go out and sin on purpose. I am not perfect. I do sin, but, I try to live my life without sin.

Obama even said that he would not have nominated Clarence Thomas to the Supreme Court because he did not have the experience to be appointed. I just about let out a primal scream when I heard that. The man who has not even spent an entire term in the Senate said this? The man who has very little experience of any kind. I agree with what the analysts said, Obama is the last person who should have made a comment about someone not having the experience needed for the job.

This country needs to wake up and ensure that the right man is elected. The man with experience. The man who has served his country for 40yrs.

0 comments: