CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 7, 2008

You Can't Have It Both Ways

Although my days have been extremely hectic the past couple of days, I did manage to hear something today that really bothered me.

Barack Obama was at a campaign event. He was asked by a seven (7) year old girl why he started running for president. His response was this:

America, uh, is -- is no longer, uh, what it -- it could be, what it once was. And I say to myself, "I don't want that future for my children."

Is this really what we want our children to hear? What kind of a message is that sending to the youth of this country? I am all for people questioning those we chose to lead, but, he basically told this child that the country she is being raised in sucks (sorry, I just don't know how else to put this). What kind of pride is this child going to have in this country? We should be teaching our kids that this is the greatest country.

Now let's look back at something that Michelle Obama said (I have blogged on this before).

Let me tell you something. For the first time in my adult lifetime, I'm really proud of my country, and not just because Barack has done well, but because I think people are hungry for change --

So, the question is this: Which is it? Are you people proud of this country? Or, do you think this country sucks? Barack is going around telling people the latter. He said it in Berlin and again to this seven year old.

I just don't get why people are so enamoured with this man. He has changed his mind on just about every major issue that faces America today. He even believes that he is a lock to be the next president. The press has tried to shove him down our throats. I just can't believe the publicity he has gotten.

Oh yes, and by the way, have you seen, heard, or read his new energy plan. It includes drilling. The very thing that he has gone around saying that won't make a difference. I even heard one of his energy advisers saying the very same thing that Paris Hilton said in a spoof commercial concerning energy. It actually was a lot like what McCain has been saying since this became one of the biggest issues on the campaign.

While I believe that every person has the right to change their minds, especially when the evidence very clearly points to the fact that you are wrong, but, if the person who wants to lead our country changes his mind this much on extremely important issues, what is he going to do once he gets in office? How will anything ever get done? We will become the laughing stock of the entire world. No one will be able to count on anything that we tell them.

This is NOT the change that I want for this country.

0 comments: