CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Veteran's Day

I know that I haven't been writing here too much lately. I decided to take a little break after the election. But, don't worry, I have been doing a lot of reading, however, so, I will continue.

But, tonight, I have a different agenda. Today is Veteran's Day. The one day a year where we tell everyone who has served our country Thank You.

As most of you who read this blog know, I currently serve in the US Navy, so, some of those thank you's today have been for me. However, I want to thank all of the people who have served before me, THANK YOU.

I have been serving for 19yrs now. I am proud to do it. There is nothing that I could have done differently. I will admit, when I first came into the Navy, it was for money to go to college. I had only planned to do six years and then get out. But, as my life progressed, a desire to serve grew inside of me. It is not something I do for the money (anybody who has served, or is married to someone who does or has knows that). I am proud of what I do. The very idea of "upholding and defending the Constitution of The United States of America against enemies both foreign and domestic" is what keeps me going. It is about preserving a way of life. A way of life that is the envy of every other country in the world. This is why Al Qaeda doesn't like us. We are a threat to their way of life. Iran is the same way. People see the way that we live and they want to be more like us. The leaders of these countries know that if they let their people live the way we do, then, they will not be able to control their lives anymore. Their way of life will go by the wayside.

I love this country and the people who live here. Even if I don't agree with their beliefs or their points of view. That is one of the very things that I have spent a lifetime defending. The right of everyone to have their own points of view.

However, I would be remiss, if I didn't thank those who have gone before me. The one's who served before me. The one's who are the reasons that I have the opportunity to do what I do. So, to my father, father-in-law, all of my cousins who have served, grandfathers of both me and my lovely wife, all of the people at our church back home who have served, and everyone else who has served, I SAY THANK YOU for the opportunity to return the favor.

The last people I would like to thank are the ones who are currently serving, both home and abroad. Especially those who are engaged in the War on Terror no matter what front you are holding. THANK YOU for doing your part to make this world a safer place for all of us.

1 comments:

Miss Hope said...

Good post. Thank you for stepping up and doing what you do.

Love,
Your Better Half