CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

History Made

I have been sitting here trying to figure out what I want to say about today. I was trying to figure out how to be politically correct since he is the Commander in Chief. It is a historical day.



Screw it. I am watching Jeff Dunham right now, and one of his dummies said that being politically correct was a pain in the ass. (please forgive the slip)



This man had the audacity to sit up there and blame PRESIDENT George W. Bush for everything that is wrong today. Believe me, it started going wrong a long time before George Walker Bush took his oath. Now, I don't agree with everything Bush tried to do (what we need to do with illegal immigrants is just one), but, he certainly doesn't deserve the crap that the Democrats and their media has been dishing out over the past two years.



The Democrats in Congress all voted to go into Iraq, and then criticized every single move that was made. They voted in favor of a troop surge, and then, before the troops even hit the sand, went out and said that this war was lost. This was treason. Now Obama announces that we are going to start to pull our troops out. Well, guess what. Bush has already started.



He also said something that really got into my craw. He said that he was going to go through the government programs and look at each one individually and ask if this program does anything to provide jobs or better the lives of the American people. The Constitution says that the federal government is to "promote the general welfare". No where does it say that the government is to provide for these things. The only thing the government is to provide for is the common defense. He doesn't care how big the federal government gets. He even said so. The democrats are doing everything in their power to infringe on the very freedoms that the men and women, both past and present, have fought and are fighting to preserve.



He used THE bible that Lincoln used for his oath. He tried to make his speech as memorable as Kennedy or Martin Luther King. Alas, the only democrat in this group of men is Kennedy. That should say something. Lincoln was the first Republican President. And, most people don't know this, but Martin Luther King was a Republican as well. So why is it that the majority of the black people in this country vote Democrat?



It was a Historical day.

1 comments:

Krys72599 said...

Thank you.
I might not be commenting on my blog because it will open me up to criticism from my sister and I'm just not in the mood...
He is, as you mentioned, Commander-in-Chief and our President. As such, I will be a patriotic American, but as an American, in my free country, I just don't have to agree with every piece of nonsense he spouts.
And not the least of it is that nonsense about providing.
God helps those who help themselves.
Why should we do differently? I have much. I am blessed.
Why am I not allowed to spread my wealth around to whomever I choose? What gives him/them the right to take what is mine, earned fair and square, and give it to those who have none IF - and here it comes: IF.I.DON'T.WANT.TO.GIVE.IT.TO.THEM.
I can donate to causes, to people, to organizations, to my church. And I do. Because I.WANT.TO. Not because someone else is taking my money and doing it for me.
Speaking purely from a selfish perspective, no one gave ME anything. I paid for my education. I paid for my houses. I paid for my cars, my clothes, my books.
I've helped my sisters and my mother pay for their stuff, too, if they needed help.
And I help others. On my own. Without the government telling me I have to do it their way...
GGGRRRRR...