CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 2, 2009

This is why I do what I do

Now, I need to put a disclaimer before I actually start this post. As most of you who read this know, I am active duty military. EVERYTHING I post on this blog is MY opinion formed from watching the news, listening to what is going on and reading. NOTHING, I repeat NOTHING, I post has anything to do with the views of the military.

Now that that is out of the way. I was actually working on a post of a different flavor, however, Rush Limbaugh addressed CPAC this weekend. He was given 20 minutes, however, he took an hour and 20 minutes. It was televised on Fox News. I am posting the entire speech. It is in ten sections on YouTube. The text of the speech can be found here. I hope that you can listen to the entire thing (or at least read it).













This man, no matter what people think of him, put into words the very ideals that I have spent the vast majority of my adult life defending. The very ideals that so many men and women have died defending around the world. People think he's arrogant because he says things like "With talent on loan from God." However, if you truly listen to him, he is humble about abilities. He is right most of the time, but that's because of his research. This is all the man does. He is truly living the American Dream and loves this country with more passion than most any politician that I have seen in the past couple of years. He genuinely cares about where this country is headed.

The ideals he is portraying here, are the very things that I believe about this country. That EVERYONE has the opportunity to do well. It's up to them. NOT THE GOVERNMENT! No matter where you come from, no matter what the barriers, it is up to the INDIVIDUAL to pursue his/her dreams.

This is what I believe. This is what I have spent the past 20yrs defending. This is what I will write and talk about until the day they put me in the grave.

Watch out for terms like "local programming", and "diversity in ownership" because these are the very things that the Democrats are going to try and shove down our throats next. These terms are just another way to get the Fairness Doctrine (although they are not using that term anymore) reinstated so that they can control the programming on radio stations. This is how they are going to try and keep us from hearing people like Rush, Sean Hannity, and countless other conservative talk show hosts who are syndicated and heard all over the country.

Thank you Rush, for putting into words, so eloquently I might add, the very things that I have been trying to say on this blog.

2 comments:

Busy Texas Dee said...

I've always liked Mr. Rush Limbaugh. I've only listened to the first part of your post so I will probably make more comments as I listen to the rest when I can. Rush Limbaugh speaks his mind and doesn't let anyone tell him different as far as I heard so far. I wish more people would speak out like he does.

Krys72599 said...

This is America and we are an entrepreneurial country. We thrive on competition and success. We came here so we could have freedom from tyranny and be and independent nation.
BO's wish to have the American public reliant on the government for their very welfare is an anathema to me.
Just try telling the kids playing T-ball or basketball that the score doesn't matter. Ha! Of course it matters! Of course we want to win. Who wants to be second best, or worse yet, who wants to lose?
Not me. Not the USA. I wait with baited breath for Americans to realize that BO's policies mean we have to admit "we" aren't as good as "them." That "they're" better than "us."
THAT'S when real Americans will rise up and vote for the USA, and not for a free ride.