CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 11, 2009

A slight correction and a Happy Easter

On Thursday I blogged about the oath of office that the king liberal took on 20January. Well, I have to apologize because I got it wrong. But, not totally. The Constitution actually tells us what the oath of office for the Presidency will be. It is the last paragraph of Article II Section 1. Here it is:

Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation -- "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States."

So, I got the wrong section of the Constitution, but, the idea was the same. There is still a part in there about the Constitution and it was never mentioned in the oath that the king liberal took.

Now, on to other things. Tomorrow we celebrate, that is to me, one of the most important holidays we have. Easter is a time to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. His victory over death and sin in our name. This is the very basis of Christianity and, therefore, the very basis for the foundation of this country.

The Bible tells us that Christ died for our sins. We are born into sin. That's just a fact of life. There is no way that any human can live up to the Ten Commandments. Therefore, we are sinners. And, as such, we are destined for an eternity of torment in the pits of Hell. Christ payed the fine for us much the same way that in a court of law, a judge can let us go free if we pay the fine. Otherwise, he has to put us in jail. All we have to do is repent and put all of our belief and faith in Him. Then, we will be before the Almighty on Judgement Day with a clean slate. Our sins will be washed away with the very blood of His Son Jesus Christ. We will have an eternity of beauty and bliss worshipping at the very throne of our Lord.

This is what Easter means to me. It is the very reason we have the opportunity to have a direct relationship with our Father. It is the guarantee that if we believe, and put our faith in Him, we will have a place in Heaven with Him.

So, if you are saved, and have a relationship with our Lord, I look forward to seeing you all in Heaven. If not, then, please, take a good look at your life and compare it to the Ten Commandments and be realistic about whether or not you deserve Heaven or Hell. Then, all you have to do is pray and ask Him into your heart and your life will be changed forever.

As always, I will continue to pray for each and every one of you.

HAPPY EASTER!!

2 comments:

Miss Hope said...

Love this one...it was the easiest for me to understand!

Busy Texas Dee said...

Thank you. And I pray for you guys all the time as well. All my family and friends are always in my prayers. On that note. Good luck with finding a good job when you retire. I am hoping and praying for the best for you guys. Love you.