CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 25, 2009

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!

I know I haven't been blogging regularly. Give me another week to finish my classwork. Then, I will have more time, even though I will be knee deep in finding a job.

I have been keeping track of everything that is going on. However, even though this blog has taken on a very political theme, and, I do have several thoughts that I will be putting down very soon, I wanted to take a moment to recognize Memorial Day.

This is one very important holiday to me. I know that it has gotten to the point that Memorial Day marks the beginning of summer for most people, but, to me, it is still about what it was meant to be. A time to remember those great Americans who have given their lives in defense of this country and our way of life.

Now, being active duty (soon to be retired) military, I appreciate the thank-you's and the recognition for my service, which, by the way, has been one of the greatest pleasures I have known, this holiday is not about me, the men and women who are serving now, or those who have served and are home to enjoy the fruits of their service. It is about those who never came back to their earthly home. Those whom we owe our very lives to because they gave theirs for ours.

So, if you read this, please take the time to thank the Good Lord above (no matter how you choose to address or worship Him) for those men and women who have given their lives so that we can enjoy the freedoms we have, live the lives we live, and have the opportunities we have to make a better life for ourselves and our families.

I, for one, am extremely grateful for the opportunity these men and women have given me to serve this great country and you, the citizens who live here.

So, HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY. Enjoy your day, as I am sure that those who we are remembering would want you to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. And believe me I have thanked all of them in my heart, but I am getting tired of CT watching ALL of the war movies. Ha!! Thank you for the reminder, I wish more people realized what the true meaning of "Memorial Day" is. Thank you also, for defending our freedoms. Love, Mom

Busy Texas Dee said...

You are so right about the true meaning of Memorial Day. I wish more people would remember the holidays for what the true meaning of them are. My two favorate holidays are Memorial Day and the 4th of July because one they aren't as commercialized, well the 4th is to a point but not like Christmas. To me both of these holidays to me represents what the men and women went threw so we could be a free country. And yes Memorial Day is to remember the men and women who gave their lives for our freedom. And with that note I just want you to know that I am so sorry I can't make it for your retirement. I know you understand but I really wanted to be there because 1. you have ALWAYS been one of my heros, 2. you have accompished so much and have gone through alot to get where you are even though people (doctors) said it was impossible. And you set out to prove them wrong and you did and 3. I am sooooo proud of you. And I know what ever you do after you retire you are going to be great at it. I love you and miss you soooo much.