CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 16, 2009

Just Some Food for Thought

I saw the first video that I am posting today on Thursday. Glen Beck said that this man just came up to him. I am pretty sure he was in Harlem for the interview in the second video. Each video is a little over 3 minutes in length. The first man didn't vote for the king liberal. The second one did, but, is now asking himself why?





I know what I am about to say is nowhere near politically correct, but, at the end of the Civil War, did we just trade one form of slavery for another? Most of the politicians in Washington would just as soon keep the citizenry of the United States ignorant of the facts. They want to tell us what is best for us. This is the very same reason we fought for our independence from England. The more people they can make dependent on the Federal Government, the better. That means the more votes they get.

This is not the way things were supposed to be. The power was supposed to be with the local and state governments.

"WE THE PEOPLE of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, PROVIDE for the common defence, PROMOTE the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

The only thing that the Federal Government is supposed to PROVIDE is the defense of this great nation and all the citizens under the Constitution. It is not supposed to provide for the the general Welfare, it says to PROMOTE the general welfare. These mean two totally different things, and the people in Washington are telling us they are doing all the things they are doing to look out for the little people. THAT IS NOT THEIR JOB!!!!

The states are supposed to be the more powerful governments. They are supposed to have a say in how the Federal Government is run. This is why, before the 17th Ammendment, each State Legislature appointed two Senators. They were to represent the State at the Federal level. The House of Representatives is supposed to be the people's representatives.

I highly recommend a website that someone told me about. I looked at it, and it is a wonderful idea. It's called Get Out Of Our House. Check it out here. I will put a link to it at the left.

I truly can't believe that I am letting all of this get to me, but, I put in 20 years of my life in defense of this country and its Constitution. I put in 20 years of my life so that people could live in peace and be able to say the things that are on their minds without worry. I put in 20 years of my life so that my generation and the generations that follow could know what it is like to live under a blanket of freedom. The freedom to choose what is best for us individually. Not have a bunch of people with an agenda to remain in power tell us how to live our lives and what is best for us. We need to do everything we can to take this government back. And we need to do it NOW!

1 comments:

Busy Texas Dee said...

My brother is back. And he is taking no prisoners. I've been waiting to be able to read your blogs. I totally agree with you on all of this. I have had two people agrue with me about all of this on my FB. One is our cousin and the other is her husband. They are all for this crap that is being shoved down our throats.
So you watch Mr. Glen Beck too? We watch him every night. Now we just need to do whatever we can to be heard.